Cedar Roof Cost in Lafayette, LA
Cedar roofs provide a unique, historical aesthetic in Lafayette, LA homes that is perfect for the rich history of the area. They provide a beautiful, classic look for your home while still offering outstanding durability with the ability to withstand winds up to 245mph. These gorgeous roofs, when properly pretreated, installed, and maintained, can last 20-30 years!
What is the Cost of a Cedar Shingle Roof in Lafayette?
Cedar shingle roofs offer a more consistent, precise look for your home because the shingles are factory cut with a saw. This also makes them slightly less expensive than their counterpart, cedar shakes.
Cedar Shingle Roof Cost Per Square Foot
The average cedar shingle roof in Lafayette, LA costs between $9.50 and $14.50 per square foot.
Cedar Shingle Roof Cost By Home Size
The size of your home will play a huge role in the overall cost of your cedar shingle roof.
- 1000 square foot home: $9,500 to $14,500
- 1500 square foot home: $14,250 to $21,750
- 2000 square foot home: $19,000 to $29,000
- 2500 square foot home: $23,750 to $36,250
- 3000 square foot home: $28,500 to $43,500
What is the Cost of a Cedar Shake Roof in Lafayette?
Cedar shakes are cut with an axe by hand. This added labor makes them somewhat more expensive than shingles, but offers a very unique, rustic look.
Cedar Shake Roof Cost Per Square Foot
The average cedar shake roof in Lafayette, LA costs between $10.50 and $15.50 per square foot.
Cedar Shake Roof Cost By Home Size
Cedar shake roof costs will vary by home size and other factors such as pitch, stories, and labor costs.
- 1000 square foot home: $10,500 to $15,500
- 1500 square foot home: $15,750 to $23,250
- 2000 square foot home: $21,000 to $31,000
- 2500 square foot home: $26,250 to $38,750
- 3000 square foot home: $31,500 to $46,500
Cedar Shingle vs Cedar Shake Roofs
There are two types of cedar roofs: shingles and shakes. There are several primary differences in these that affect their form and function, but primarily their cost.
- Factory milled by machines
- Precise cuts and uniform sizes
- Consistent look when installed
- Up to 1/2 inch thick
- Hand cut split with axes
- Less precise shapes and sizes
- Rustic look when installed
- Up to 3/4 inch thick
Pros and Cons of Cedar Roofing in Lafayette
Installing a new cedar roof on your Lafayette home will no doubt complement the beauty of historical Louisiana, but, as always, you should weigh the pros and cons of this type of roof before making your decision. While cedar roofs are unmatched in beauty, there are some important things to consider to make sure you’re getting the most out of your new investment.
Pros of Cedar Roofing
- Unique beauty and aesthetic
- Impact durability and wind resistance
- Excellent return on investment
- Ecofriendly materials
- Energy efficient roofing
- Lasts 20-30 years when well-maintained
Cons of Cedar Roofing
- More expensive than standard asphalt roofing
- Requires routine maintenance and inspections
- Poorly treated, installed or maintained will have very short lifespan
- Susceptible to humidity damage
The key to a beautiful and long-lasting cedar roof is an expert installation. Burford Roofing & Construction’s team of professional installers has the knowledge and expertise to give you the cedar roof of your dreams that will last for years to come. Contact Lafayette’s recommended roofing company for a free estimate to get started!